Hi everyone! I'm back with a few tips on getting started creating your own Youtube channel! I've had an awesome experience with making videos the last couple of years, I've learned a few tips and tricks that I would love to share with you all.
1. One thing to note is that your first few videos will most likely be a little awkward (mine sure were! Please don't try to look for them...). That being said, don't let that stop you from posting! If you are looking into fashion and beauty videos, try to do some of the classic videos (ie. What's in my bag, Makeup starter kit) to help you ease into it.
2. High Quality: Clear, high quality videos with good sound are definitely the way to go. You'll want to produce videos that are clear and easy to watch. However, this doesn't mean you need a really expensive camera; Most point and shoots are now equipped with HD settings, so as long as you have a large enough memory card, you're good to go!
3. Make short videos - I find that the videos that are the most popular on my channel are the ones that are on the shorter side, I suggest to keep them around 5-10 minutes at the longest. I currently am trying to make my videos all around 5 minutes! I feel that if the video is shorter, it gets straight to the point and that makes it much more interesting.
4. Don't get discouraged from negative comments or dislikes. I usually take negative comments with a grain of salt, some are actually very helpful and make good constructive criticism, while some are just bully comments. I've had my fair share of not-so-nice comments left to me on my Youtube, and my advice is just to delete them; they're not important and there's no need for them once you've read them. Focus on the positive! I've had so many amazing subscribers reach out to me and are extremely supportive!
5. Be consistent! This is the most important! One of the struggles that I've faced with my Youtube channel is to keep a constant schedule. Subscribers come with time, but come much faster if you are posting content on a regular basis. Whether it's once a week or once a month, make it a regular thing so this way you're not MIA on your subscriber base for six months (I'm extremely guilty of this).
And those are my 5 tips! Have a Youtube? E-mail me a link or comment below! I'd LOVE to see it!
Love Always, Rachel