Monday, December 15, 2014
Hi everyone! I'm back with the latest instalment of my Holiday Gift Guide series. Check out my picks for gifts that are $50 and under!
1. Rebecca Minkoff Studded Wallet on a Chain, $48.00: One of my must-haves for going out this season is definite a wallet on a chain (WOC). This Rebecca Minkoff one is great; it has a little edge but still extremely practical. For during the day, you can take off the chain and use it as a real wallet.
2. Ban.do Back Me Up Mobile Charger, The Bay - $30.00: I have a portable battery of my own, and they're absolutely great and super handy when your phone dies. I love the cute pattern on this one.
3. Pink Thermal Sleep Shirt - $32.00: Sleep shirts are a great gift idea, and there are a ton of gift sets at PINK to choose from! Sleep shirts are more flexible in terms of fit, and a great option if you're unsure about sizing.
4. Tarte "Park Ave Princess" Palette, Sephora - $41.00: I've had my eye on this palette for quite some time, and I think it would make an amazing gift. Sephora has a ton of value sets to choose from for the holidays.
5. Pink Ukulele, Amazon - $36.00: I've been a Ukulele enthusiast for quite some time, and my friend (and fellow ukulele lover) Zoe suggested that they would also make a really nice present! I love the soft pink of this one, and they're easy to find online. (I found this one on amazon)
6. Furry Cover & Hot Water Bottle, Indigo - $29.50: Hot Water bottles are such a nice and comfy bed time accessory to have. Indigo has an awesome gift selection this year, and also came back with these fun hot water bottle covers.
7. Furry Pom Pom Michael Kors - $38.00: A super fun add on to a handbag! A luxe touch for any fashionista.
8. Mokara Voluspa Candle, Indigo - $30.00: This is a returning fave to the gift guide because I LOVE THIS CANDLE. It's a bit of a luxury which is why it makes an amazing gift, plus, the container is gorgeous so it doubles as home decor.
Love always, Rachel
Check out my other gift guides below:
Friday, December 5, 2014
Hi everyone! I posted my new haircut on Instagram already, but I thought I'd go a little more in depth about it for those who want to know more! I'm generally a pretty indecisive person, and I thought I would never go shorter (like I did circa 2011), but I've recently became obsessed with this midi-length hair. Usually it would be difficult for me to part with my long hair, but after all that it has gone through, it was time for a change. I previously bleached my hair and had very, very light brown hair throughout the summer. Although I liked the look, it was hard to maintain and I couldn't stand my roots. I'm a pretty low maintenance kinda gal when it comes to hair and beauty; I like to keep it simple. The upkeep of lighter hair just was not for me.
|My hair when it was super light! (September 2014)|
A couple of months ago, I dyed my hair back to black using a box dye, but it has faded significantly and actually toned out my hair a lot. Currently, it's a medium brown that I'm quite happy with. Before I cut it, I also had some blonde throughout my hair and towards my ends.
|Inspirations! (via Pinterest)|
I posted a collage of a few hair inspiration photos I took to the hairdresser. I wanted long layers and more movement in my hair. When it was longer, it was super heavy and really dry towards the ends because of all the bleaching. I wanted a style that was easy to maintain, and cut off my dry ends.
I went to James Brett Coiffure (downtown Kingston) on Princess Street! I went to Brandy, and she was great, I think she nailed it! My hair feels so much lighter, and I have a feeling this is going to be the perfect lazy girl hairstyle.
Once I figure out my new haircare routine, I'll definitely make a video!
Love Always, Rachel
Hi everyone! I'm super excited to bring back my second annual holiday gift guide! Starting with the small stuff... gifts under 20 dollars! I tried my best not to overlap with gifts from last year, but there are always staples that make great gifts every year! For a 20 dollar budget, I would try to find small little "luxuries"; gifts that people would not normally buy themselves, but would find luxurious and fun! I found great gift ideas at Indigo, and Target. They have great lower price points and are always well stocked.
Without further ado, here is my 20 dollar gift guide for this Christmas season!
1. Kiehl's Creme de Corps 75 ml Superb all over Body Moisturizer, $12.50 - Kiehl's: Kiehl's has a bunch of travel sized products that make great gifts! The scent of this moisturizer is amazing, and buying a small size makes a great stocking stuffer, and a great sample size of the product without actually committing to a larger size.
2. "Wake Up and Be Awesome" Travel Tumbler, $12.00 - Indigo: Travel mugs are great gifts for all! I love the motivational sayings (this one in particular goes great with your morning coffee), I think they add a cute and personal touch.
3. Olympic Mittens, $10.00 - The Bay: These Canadian staples make awesome gifts for anyone! They're inexpensive and shockingly super warm. The Bay comes out with a different style of these mittens each year, and they're sure to be super cozy.
4. Knee-high Socks, $12.95 - Victoria's Secret PINK: Socks are a great stocking stuffer, and make a cute gift for someone that you're unsure about what size they might wear in other clothing, because they're pretty much going to fit any sized feet. PINK and Forever 21 carry some cute, vibrant socks that come in a variety of colours.
5. The Nudes Palette, $9.99 - Target: This palette is the less expensive (and dare I say, better?!) version of Urban Decay's naked palette. Grab one for yourself and a loved one, before they sell out! There are a ton of neutral colours that are great for everyday makeup, for any type of complexion.
6. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso, $19.44 - Indigo: This book is on my wishlist! I have been a fan of Sophia Amoruso for years, and she is one of my role models in the industry. I can't wait to get my hands on this book. Great for any aspiring Girl Bosses!
7. Textured Pom Pom Hat (shown in Charcoal), $19.50 - Indigo: Beanies look great on everyone, and in a neutral colour (such as grey), they compliment a bunch of hair colours. The Pom Pom adds a cute festive touch too!
That wraps up my $20 and under gift guide! Be sure to check out for my other gift guides that I'll be posting throughout the next couple of weeks! I found all these gifts online, and can definitely be ordered directly from the brand websites.
Love Always, Rachel
Ps. For more gift guide inspiration, Check out my gift guide from last year! (2013): CLICK HERE